Harrogate Skills 4 Living Centre has taken the decision to close day-centre activities at both 9 North Park Road and St. Georges Community Centre, with effect from Monday 23rd March until Tuesday 14th April. We have decided to take this measure to protect our vulnerable beneficiaries with the aim of reducing any unnecessary travel and social contact as per government advice earlier this week in relation to mitigating the COVID-19 pandemic.
We have not taken this decision lightly and appreciate that this may impact on provider and support services. If you have any concerns or would like to talk to someone about this decision please phone the office on 01423 593719 or email Skills@hs4lc.org.uk.
This does not include our Skills Bridge supported internship program which we aim to continue although there will be some changes to the program that students will be advised of in due course.
Further updates will be given as the situation develops but in the meantime we would like to remind you to continue following the standard advice:
• Wash your hands with soap and warm water often – do this for at least 20 seconds
• Always wash your hands when you get home or into work
• Use hand sanitiser gel if soap and water are not available
• Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve (not your hands) when you cough or sneeze
• Put used tissues in the bin straight away and wash your hands afterwards
• Try to avoid close contact with people who are unwell
• Do not touch your eyes, nose or mouth if your hands are not clean
• If you feel unwell (a new continuous cough OR a temperature of 37.8 degrees or above) stay home, isolate and visit https://111.nhs.uk/service/covid-19 or call 111 for advice.